In this much-anticipated book, Colin Marshall and Tony Payne answer the question they have been asked countless times by pastors and church leaders all around the world since the publication of The Trellis and the Vine. The question goes like this:
"Look, I've read your book, and it expresses what I have always thought about Christian ministry. But as I kept reading, I had this sinking feeling that what actually happens in our church is still a long way from the kind of disciple-making ministry vision you outline and that I believe in. So my question is this: What can we do about it? How can we shape the whole culture of our church around disciple-making?"
In The Vine Project, Marshall and Payne provide a roadmap and resources for this sort of church-wide culture change. The book guides your ministry leadership team through a five-phase process for growth and change, with biblical input, practical ideas, resources, case studies, exercises and projects along the way. You will be helped to:
- clarify and sharpen your convictions (Phase 1)
- reform your own personal life to express these convictions (Phase 2)
- honestly evaluate every aspect of your current church (or ministry) culture (Phase 3)
- devise some key plans for change and put them into effect (Phase 4)
- keep the momentum going and overcome obstacles (Phase 5).
The Trellis and the Vine proposed a "ministry mind-shift that changes everything". The Vine Project shows how that mind-shift can and must shape every aspect of what you are doing as a congregation of Christ's people to make disciples of all nations.
A workshop version is also available.