Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
This notice applies both to The Briefing website, along with applications for iPhone, iPad, iPod, and other platforms, and will be hereafter referred to as simply The Briefing.
The Briefing needs to occasionally collect information for technical requirements, to analyze trends, administer the site, track users movement and gather broad demographic information. The collected information may include:
- The type of device running the application (e.g. an iPod Touch), its operating system version (e.g. Mac OS 10.8.1), the browser version (e.g. Firefox 16.1) or application version number (e.g. The Briefing iOS app 1.0.1).
- Your current subscription status and basic information.
- We do not collect or store credit card information, or other payment details. If you are a print subscriber that information is handled by the Matthias Media online store, not The Briefing; if you subscribe on iOS or through an eBook retailer your payment information is kept by the online retailer and is not passed on to The Briefing.
- Anonymous usage statistics.
- In the case of iOS apps, information supplied to The Briefing by Apple, which may include your name, email address, and ZIP/Postal code if you opted in to the collection of this information on subscribing.
- In the case of iOS apps, an alpha-numeric device identifier used for pushing content to your device, should you opt to receive it.
- Standard web traffic data such as your IP address, Internet Service Provider, and dates and times of access. Any recorded IP addresses are not linked to any personally identifiable information.
HOW WE USE SUCH INFORMATION
We use the information you provide to operate The Briefing. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to accomplish the functionality of the website and associated applications.
We use return email addresses to answer email we receive, but we do not use them for any other purpose.
We use aggregate and anonymous user data for better administering The Briefing, such as support decisions based on percentages of readers on a particular platform.
We may share non-identifying and aggregate statistics with advertising partners, such as the number of visits to a particular article or area of the website. In such cases we do not share any information that can be linked with individuals on whom the information is based.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We have included links on this site for your use and reference. We are not responsible for the privacy policies on these websites. You should be aware that the privacy policies of these sites may differ from our own.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
The contents of this statement may be altered at any time, at our discretion.