The Point Community Church, Port Macquarie
Treasure & Promote Pastor
It is a condition of your employment that you are godly, able and competent (1 Timothy 3) to properly carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position on commencement and throughout your employment.
It is expected that you will:
- Exemplify the life of a disciple; growing in holiness, maintain a devotional life, lead your family, take up your cross, love God & people
- Be a self starter and leader of leaders
- Are gifted in relating to people
- Committed to reformed, evangelical and complimentarian theology
- Be a team player
- Enjoy working hard and having fun
- Have Bachelor of Theology degree or higher
- Continue to grow as a leader of God’s people
- Have at least 5 years experience as a pastor
- Actively support and promote the Vision and Values of The Point
To lead The Point to grow by providing leadership in our Value areas of Treasure (Magnification) & Promote (Mission).
To work with and under the direction of the lead pastor, as a member of the executive pastoral team, to enable The Point to Spread a Passion for God’s Glory as we prayerfully work hard to be a growing, church planting church on the Mid-North Coast.
- To lead our Week End Service teams to provide God glorifying, Biblically faithful, excellent services.
- Develop and implement short and long term strategies to help us make Jesus our Number One Treasure.
- To lead members of The Point to a deeper commitment of personal evangelism.
- Develop and lead The Point’s evangelistic Events.
- Co-Ordinator of Summerfest.
- Co-Ordinator of Global Mission.
NB: We are principally driven by Ephesians 4:12. We do not hire pastors to ‘do’ the ministry, but to ‘equip the saints’, so that we all do the ministry. Therefore, our pastors must have the gifts, skills and passion to ‘do ministry through others’. We expect our pastors to be able to, and be excited by, building teams of lay leaders. In particular, raising up lay leaders who themselves lead in significant areas of ministry and mission.
- Manage your time, teams and programmes.
Recruiting & Training
- Identify, train and nurture Point members for your teams.
- Identify, train and nurture leaders for your teams.
- Empower team leaders to recruit, train and nurture new members to their teams.
- 10-25% preaching load, to be negotiated with lead pastor.
- Develop, co-ordinate and deliver training for your teams.
- Maintain and model the culture that God’s Word forms the foundation for all our training, equipping, nurturing.
- There may be other pastoral duties that arise as the pastoral team negotiates what is necessary to grow God’s Kingdom and fulfil our vision. Any changes to your duties will be noted via an update to your Job Description.
To get more information, please contact our office using the details above.
To apply please send CV to email@example.com
Closing date for application is February 16, 2018.