Redeemer Grace Presbyterian Church, Auckland
Redeemer Grace Presbyterian Church: Redeemer Church in Auckland, NZ, is looking for gospel-centred pastor to lead our young congregation. Located in Auckland’s fast growing Flat Bush area, Redeemer is a multi-ethnic reformed and Presbyterian church that is actively engaged with all segments of the community. Redeemer is a congregation of the Grace Presbyterian Church of NZ. Direct enquires to the Calling Committee secretary: Jeanette Brown: email@example.com.
Direct & Digital Marketing Co-ordinator
If the thought of using your social media and marketing savvy to grow kids in their love for Jesus excites you—then keep reading! Crusaders reaches over 120,000 kids with the Gospel of Jesus each year. We are looking for a passionate & energetic communicator to join our Marketing team as a full-time Direct & Digital Marketing Co-ordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing online & offline initiatives to promote, recruit and follow up kids and supporters through social media, direct mail, radio and web strategy creation & implementation. You will need to be a creative copywriter, have a great eye for design and be proficient in everything Google—particularly analytics so that you can measure & report on your brilliant results! So if you are bright, self-motivated, tech savvy and keen to serve Christ and kids, then we want you!
Download the full job description and application form.
Applications to be submitted to Anna Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fundraising & Events Co-ordinator
Crusaders is seeking a dynamic Fundraising & Events Co-ordinator to help run major events, fundraising campaigns and donor communication programs which will help reach over 120,000 kids with God’s love each year! The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and co-ordination of events from idea generation through to the production of marketing collateral and post event analysis. They will also help organise donor acquisition and upgrade campaigns and ensure that donor communications are highly engaging and creative. If you are very organised, have an exceptional eye for detail, and are passionate about using your God given skills to help hundreds of kids come to know and love Christ each year—we’d love to hear from you!
The Branch Christian Church, Launceston, Tasmania
- Equip the church members for ministry and service
- Develop and foster a culture of mission within the church
- Support and build the membership of the church and foster a sense of community and mutual care.
They should be someone:
- with a deep love for God, his people, and the lost
- who is prayerful
- who can recruit and train ministry leaders
- who can explain and apply the Bible to people in their everyday lives
- with good people skills, who can urge people to follow Jesus whole-heartedly
- with the ability to work closely in a ministry team environment
- with a 3-year degree in theology, or equivalent.
The Branch started in 1999. We have over 250 members across a whole range of ages and backgrounds but with a large number of young families. We currently have one full-time pastor and a range volunteers leading and serving in various ministry teams and roles. We are an independent church but have close ties with the Christian Reformed Churches of Australia and partner with the Vision 100 Network, Geneva Push, and MTS Australia.
By God’s grace the church has been growing over the last few years and we are looking to employ an assistant pastor to help shepherd the growing flock.
The starting date is flexible.
Applications close Friday, 18th December 2015
If you would like to know more, or would like to receive a detailed job description, please contact Karl Deenick (Senior Pastor) on 03 6343 4023 or email@example.com.
Chinese and Australian Baptist Church, West Ryde
English Congregation Pastor
Chinese and Australian Baptist Church—West Ryde (CABC-WR) is looking to hire a pastor to serve its English congregation alongside an assistant pastor.
CABC-WR is a Gospel-centred church established over 25 years ago to serve migrants in the Ryde area. It has now grown into a multi-congregational church with 2 Cantonese, 1 Mandarin and 1 English-speaking service. We are part of the NSW Baptist Union.
Specifically, the English congregation consists of around 120 people made up of mostly Australian-born Chinese, ranging from high school students to those working.
About the position
The successful candidate would share the following responsibilities with the existing pastoral staff:
- Praying for the church
- Training and discipleship
- One to one meetings
- Pastoral care and counselling
- Overseeing the ministries of the church
- Local Outreach
- Growth groups
- Youth and Young Adults
Remuneration is in line with the guidelines set by the NSW Baptist Union.
Essential for the role
- Completed degree from a recognised theological institution (BTh or MDiv desirable)
- Personal commitment to God as well as Christian ministry
Desirable for the role
- Pastoral ministry experience
- Experience in a cross-cultural ministry environment
How to apply
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter
- Testimony of committing to Christ (less than 500 words)
- Testimony of committing to ministry work (less than 500 words)
- Including 2 references
For any enquiries please contact Reverend Lau on +61 2 9804 0052.
Bray Park Community Church, Queensland
Youth Pastor—Bray Park Community Church
Bray Park Community Church (BPCC) is a vibrant, growing, multi-generational church of 550+ members, united and driven by the mission: “To bring glory to God by making disciples of Jesus Christ.” In order to see this mission realised, we are seeking a Youth Pastor to join the team and to lead the BPCC Student Ministry (Yr. 7–12) in a paid capacity for 3 days (26 hours) per week.
The Youth Pastor will be responsible to lead the BPCC Student Ministry so that the young people of our community become growing disciples of Jesus Christ. This includes leading a team of volunteer youth leaders and planning a relevant gospel-centred youth program.
- Bring energy to, and alignment with, the mission and vision of BPCC
- Lead the students of BPCC to become growing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Lead a team of volunteer leaders and support their growth in Christ
- Plan and facilitate Friday night gatherings
- Prepare and give Bible talks as required on a Friday night or in local high-schools
- Be a visible presence for the students of BPCC at Sunday gatherings
- Plan and facilitate the annual BPCC Student Ministry Camp
- Attend weekly staff meetings, and any other meetings required by Associate Pastor
- Report directly to Associate Pastor
A more detailed Position Description is available on request.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your suitability for the role to our Associate Pastor, Adam Schoenmaker (email@example.com) by 4 December 2015
Reformed Theological College, Geelong
Discipleship Training Coordinator
Discipleship Training Coordinator
The Reformed Theological College, Geelong, is seeking to appoint a part-time Discipleship Training Coordinator to oversee development of a new suite of online discipleship training courses designed to aid churches in equipping people for church and life ministry.
The successful candidate will oversee development of a new suite of online discipleship training courses designed to aid churches in equipping people for church and life ministry.
This newly created position is suited to someone who has a degree in theology, aligns fully with the theological position and ethos of the RTC, has a proven track record in discipleship training, is a highly organized self-starter, works well with other people and is capable of driving the discipleship training project.
Christian Reformed Church of Kingston, Tasmania
Women’s Ministry Worker
Description of Christian Reformed Church of Kingston (‘CRCK’)
CRCK is a growing, evangelical church in Kingston, Tasmania (ten minutes south of Hobart). We are a church of around 300 people, covering a wide spectrum of ages and backgrounds. CRCK currently has three, full-time pastors (Lead, Assistant, and Children’s and Youth). We are also part of a network of five other local churches, all of whom we have planted over the last fifteen years. As such, every ministry worker is part of a large, supportive team.
CRCK has a large number of women in lay leadership positions and is committed to training and supporting them in their ministry. As such, we are looking for a Women’s Ministry Worker who can help raise up, train and support new and existing female leaders. In addition, we are also looking for someone with gifts and experience in pastoral care to support women at CRCK more generally.
Who we are looking for
As this is a new position, its formal details are negotiable. We would be happy with anywhere between a two-day and five-day a week appointment (0.4-1.0). We are also flexible on the start date. Finally, we are flexible on whether or not the applicant already has formal theological qualifications (although if they do not, we will require them to work towards obtaining such qualifications, to a Diploma of Theology level, after taking the position. We would of course make time for this in the position description).
- Raise up, train and support new and existing female lay leaders at CRCK;
- Provide pastoral care on an ad hoc basis for women at CRCK, particularly in cases where it is not appropriate for a male pastor to do so, and train other female leaders in pastoral care; and
- Contribute more generally to the leadership of CRCK, under the authority of the Eldership.
If you would like to know more, or get a detailed job description, please contact Des Smith (Lead Pastor) on 0405 540 852 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on Wed 16 December 2015.
Vine Church, Surry Hills
Mission and Membership Pastor
Vine Church exists to make thousands of disciples across the city of Sydney. In the past four and a half years, we’ve grown from a small group of people meeting in an inner city townhouse into an exciting and vibrant community with over 160 people gathering each week. We love Jesus and are passionate about seeing him change lives.
1. Position Purpose
Vine Church is seeking to employ a Mission and Membership Pastor who is zealous to raise up and equip leaders to help members of Vine Church connect with and care for each other (Membership), and to be urgently sharing the gospel with those in our city (Mission).
2. Main Responsibilities
- Leading, developing, and setting direction for the Connecting Team so that newcomers are connected to the life of Vine Church in prompt, personal and practical ways.
- Leading, developing, and setting direction for the Care Team so that those in our family who are sick, struggling, travelling, recovering or grieving are cared for in prompt, personal and practical ways.
- Oversee processes and systems that facilitate the effective operation of the Connect and Care Teams, including Newcomer Dinner, Membership Course.
- Leading, developing, and setting direction for the Mission Team as they seek to:
- build connections between people in Vine Church and the city,
- build people’s confidence in their own abilities to share the news about Jesus, and
- build conviction that the gospel is the only hope for our world.
- Oversee processes and systems that facilitate the effective operation of the Mission Team.
- Participation in two Sunday services each week.
- Other responsibilities as required in working in a team environment.
- Evidences a committed, authentic and tested faith in the risen Lord Jesus as our only saviour and hope.
- Loves the church as the gathered people of God and leads their family to do the same .
- Theologically-minded and able to show evidence of handling and teaching the Bible faithfully.
- Strong commitment to seeing lives changed by the gospel via prayer and the word of God.
- Proven ability in establishing, training and leading teams and their leaders.
- Competence in explaining the gospel in a clear and Christ-centred way, and in using apologetics to remove objections to the gospel.
- Passionate about evangelism and is experienced in seeing people converted and growing under their ministry.
- Approachable and warm personality, and determined to see people connected and cared for in the family of God.
- Organised and strong systems thinking skills.
- Clear, humble and an engaging leadership style, calling people to make sacrifices for the cause of Christ.
- Excellence in professional skills such as clear written and verbal communication, time-management, and organisation.
- Willing to work alongside others in a team and under the Lead Pastor.
- Demonstrate the ability to have excelled in a professional vocation, and is a good cultural fit with the inner city and the people of Vine Church.
- Completed or currently undertaking higher education in theology and ministry.
- Experience in a purpose driven (5M) ministry team.
4. Special Conditions
This position will be remunerated in accordance with the Anglican Church of Sydney’s guidelines for stipend and allowances (including housing, travel, hospitality, books, computer, conferences, and utilities).
The position is offered either as a full time position in Mission and Membership, or as a part time position in either Mission (3 days) or Membership (3 days) with the potential to scale up to full time over the coming years.
This position is open to both male and female applicants eager to work in a complementarian team environment. Suitability will be assessed based on the above qualifications.
For expressions of interest, please include your resume along with a statement about your life, values, and ministry. This should elaborate on your vision for mission and membership, and provide evidence of the fruit born from this vision. This should be sent directly to our Lead Pastor, Toby Neal (email@example.com).
Position start date is fully negotiable for the right candidate.