Lakeside Bible Church, Canberra
Lakeside Bible Church (LBC) is an independent, evangelical church located in Canberra’s inner south. It was planted in 2010 by Woden Valley Bible Church (now called Southside Bible Church) with the intent of reaching the local community through a Bible-teaching, non-denominational church.
LBC has one service each week, which occurs on Sunday mornings at Narrabundah Early Childhood School. Narrabundah is in an area of Canberra with new families and young adults, which is relatively close to the city and workplaces, while also being close to areas of public housing.
Church services are regularly attended by around 50 adults, 20 children and a number of youth.
LBC is a welcoming church with people of a variety of ages, professions and cultures. Church services are designed to be relaxed and friendly, and have a generous morning tea break in the middle. Services are focussed on the gospel through bible teaching, prayer and fellowship. Sermons typically follow series involving preaching through books of the Bible.
LBC’s values, leadership structure and statement of beliefs can be found at www.lakesidebiblechurch.com.
What we are looking for
LBC is seeking a godly man to replace its current full-time pastor, who has served the church for the past five years. The ideal candidate has a theological degree, and a passion for gospel-focussed preaching, pastoring and community outreach.
LBC suits a pastor with the skills and creative ideas to utilise a small core of dedicated members for reaching out to the people of Canberra. Opportunities for outreach exist in a number of different areas, including amongst Canberra’s large middle class, university students, migrant communities and disadvantaged.
LBC is looking for a pastor who can maximise the potential of the church, and help identify a clear vision for the next stage of the church’s life. The ideal person should be able to develop the congregation, and encourage an every-member-ministry approach to achieving a common vision.
- Oversight of services, small groups, youth and children’s ministries, and church administration.
- Regular preaching, and organisation of preaching topics and preachers.
- Ensuring all church members are receiving adequate pastoral care and feel part of the church family.
- Leading and encouraging all members to grow in their faith and contribute to ministry.
- Working with the church leadership team (elders) to establish and maintain the direction of the church.
- Providing vision and leadership for evangelism and opportunities for church growth.
- Helping the church explore the possibility of joining the Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches.
Personal and professional requirements
- A prayerful follower of Jesus, who daily applies God’s word to his personal life.
- Upholds the Bible as foundational to their faith.
- A degree in theology and strong Bible knowledge.
- Personal theology consistent with that of LBC.
- Demonstrated ability to preach and lead during services, and to teach in smaller groups.
- Strong leadership and organisational skills.
- Ability to identify, recruit and empower church members to fulfil ministries appropriate to their gifts and abilities.
- Ability to pastor and disciple people of different ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to understand Canberra’s sub-cultures and identify opportunities for outreach and evangelism.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the LBC leadership team, other LBC ministry leaders and other like-minded churches in Canberra.
To enquire further about this position, please contact Mark Davis on 0406 377 513 or email@example.com.
LBC is hoping to fill this vacancy in late 2017 or early 2018.
Chinese Christian Church, Milson's Point
Chinese Christian Church (CCC) is an evangelistic, non-denominational, medium size church situated in Milson’s Point, with English, Mandarin and Cantonese ministries. We have currently over 100 children under the age of 12, 30 teens and 40 people ranging 18-25. We are seeking a passionate, mature, organized and capable youth pastor to lead, disciple and pastorally care for our youth leadership team. This team will assist the youth pastor in nurturing, planning and growing our Teens ministry, which is a vital and a growing ministry area in our church. The Youth Pastor will also be required to preach at family services once a month and overseeing and actively involving in the youth activities on Friday nights, as well as Sundays.
The applicant must be a disciple of Christ and have a heart and passion for young people to know Christ and a commitment to train others to be disciple makers. A theological qualification from a recognized Bible College or Seminary is a must. Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and an understanding of contemporary Australian culture and its implications for young Christians in a cross-cultural setting is essential. Being a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills and being a team player are qualities deemed necessary.
If you are a motivated leader who has a commitment to youth ministry and meet our criteria, then we look forward to speaking with you. Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enquiries and further information can be obtained by contacting Sammy on 0410 580198.
You can also learn more about the church from our website www.cccmilsonspoint.org.
Application closes: 30th September 2017
Please only apply for this job if you are an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen or have already obtained an Australian Work Visa