Business Manager (full-time)
- Leading Christian mission organisation
- Great team, convenient inner-city location
An evangelical mission organisation with a history extending from William Wilberforce and John Newton, CMS works with churches to set apart long-term gospel workers who cross cultures to share the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
With a heart and enthusiasm for God’s world mission, you will use your strong business skills to provide excellent leadership to support and improve the ministry in the areas of project management, human resources, WHS, governance support and compliance, finance, facilities and IT activities.
You will serve with a team who are passionate, prayerful and committed to engaging individuals and churches in Australia in mission. Commitment to the CMS vision and values is essential.
The Business Manager will also have proven experience in:
- relationship building, leadership and teamwork skills
- proactive problem-solving and initiative
- project management, including prioritising, managing resources, and motivating and managing teams to achieve results and deadlines
- report/policy writing and presenting to Board/committees
- financial operations (including budgeting, cashflow, and projections) with accuracy, sharp analysis, sound recommendations and rationale.
If this sounds like you and you have had experience as a business manager or postgraduate business experience after tertiary studies, please contact Sharyn on (07) 3112 6530 for a job description. Should you then decide to apply you will be asked to email a cover letter and your CV, which is to include three referees, one of whom will be the minister of the church you regularly attend.
Applications close Monday 2 March 2015.
Ministry Training Strategy, Sydney
MTS Events Coordinator
MTS (Ministry Training Strategy) currently has an opportunity for an MTS Events Coordinator to join our vibrant team.
Title: MTS Events Coordinator
Position: Part-time or full-time (based in Hurstville, NSW), work during school hours negotiable
Report To: MTS Director
Remuneration: Negotiable—subject to experience
Contract Period: 3 months (with the option to be extended)
Start Date: ASAP
MTS is an organisation that, under God, is seeking to change the world. MTS multiplies gospel workers through ministry apprenticeships. We’ve trained 2,729 since 1978 and want to accelerate the pace. Our events are mission critical to recruiting gospel workers.
We need someone with excellent organisational skills to help run MTS events such as:
- the G8 Conference—the national MTS apprentice conference
- the MTS SPUR Conference—the NSW/ACT apprentice recruiting conference
- MTS National Network Coordinators Conference
- Train the Trainers courses—nationwide.
As such, the role involves the following:
- planning and managing conference publicity and communications
- preparing and monitoring conference budgets
- booking venues
- booking speakers, workshop leaders and musicians
- managing online registration
- producing conference materials (invitations, conference booklets, slideshows, etc.)
- managing conference logistics
- executing the will of the MTS SPUR Organising Committee
- liaising with a wide variety of Christian leaders
- modifying programs as required
- tracking KPIs to evaluate the effectiveness of events.
If you are committed to the Scriptures as the authoritative word of God, hold to the Doctrinal Statement set out on the MTS website, and are passionate about using your skills and experience to grow God’s kingdom, then APPLY NOW!
For more information contact Glenda Lewis on (02) 9570 5193 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please forward your application to Ms Glenda Lewis:
Via post: MTS, PO Box 978, Hurstville BC NSW 148
Via email: email@example.com
Applications close 4pm, Monday 9 March 2015, however, we may appoint an applicant prior to the date if a suitable candidate comes forward.
Moore College, Sydney
Moore College is a theological college based in Newtown in Sydney, Australia. Moore College prepares men and women for a lifetime of Christian mission and ministry through high-quality, in-depth theological training. Moore provides a range of full-time/part-time, face-to-face and distance courses, from diploma to postgraduate level, equipping students to love and serve God and people. Providing the ministers for the Anglican Church in Sydney and pastors for other denominations, the college has around 600 enrolled students. Additionally each year around 5,000 students are enrolled across the world studying by correspondence.
Moore Theological College Library serves primarily the faculty, students and graduates of the college as well as visiting researchers and scholars from within Australia and overseas. The library has print holdings of some 230,000 titles in addition to 35,000 ebooks and ejournals, a number of databases and a digital repository. Collections include a Rare Books and an Australiana collection. The collection strengths lie in the subject areas of biblical studies, systematic and historical theology, Reformation studies, general church history and Anglicanism. The Samuel Marsden Archives, which includes college and collected archives, and the MooreBooks bookshop form part of the library. Six full-time and one part-time staff member provide client-focused library, bookshop and archives services.
Moore College is seeking to appoint a Research Librarian as a member of the library team to assist library users, particularly those engaged in research, to access the library’s collections and services.
- Build relationships with faculty and other research partners within the library so that the library and bookshop support learning and teaching within the college.
- Build partnerships with library users engaged in research so that they use the full range of resources and services provided by the library.
- Design and deliver information literacy programs for library users and orientation programs for incoming students.
- Work as a member of the collection development team.
- Demonstrated understanding of the nature of a research library, particularly as it relates to the study of Christian theology.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues surrounding the delivery of high -quality, client focused library services.
- A general understanding of, and willingness to participate in, library procedures and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff and visitors to the library.
- The ability to work across the operational hours of the library.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of, and contribute to, the library team.
- An active Christian commitment.
- A degree in theology from an accredited higher education provider.
- Knowledge of the literature of theology and its sub-disciplines.
- Completion of, or work towards the completion of, a postgraduate research award in a relevant discipline from an accredited higher education provider.
- Eligibility for associate membership of ALIA.
- Substantial experience in the provision of library and information services within a higher education research library environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work within the digital environment.
- An understanding of the Anglican Church of Australia.
Any applications without a cover letter addressing the criteria will not be considered. For more information, a copy of the position description and to apply please contact the Library Manager, Ms Julie Olston:
02 9577 9897 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies please!
1 King Street
Newtown NSW 2042
Woden Valley Bible Church, Canberra
Woden Valley Bible Church (WVBC) is 12 years young and seeking another Pastor to join their team. WVBC is a multicultural evangelical church and part of the FIEC network of independent churches throughout Australia.
The person requires theological qualifications, a commitment to the Bible as God’s Word, gifts in 1-to-1 discipleship and training, a passion for small group ministries and, of course, a love for Jesus and His people. They will work with the Lead Pastor and Leadership Team of WVBC.
Hours and starting date are flexible.
Contact Dom Fiocco:
0406 376 016