Matthias Media, Sydney
Clerical Assistant—Matthias Media
Matthias Media is looking for someone to join our team, commencing November or December 2015. The position is 3 days/week, with the particular days and working hours being negotiable.
Duties will include:
- preparing and standardizing MS Word documents prior to editing
- liaising with graphic designers to help prepare new resources for print: checking over PDF files to ensure the layouts are correct, and liaising with the designers to make and check any corrections
- preparing resources for reprinting: marking up necessary changes, and liaising with the designers to implement and check those changes
- liaising with ebook producers to arrange for the creation of ebooks, then checking and finalizing those ebooks for publication
- answering straightforward copyright and translation enquiries from customers around the world
- attending weekly staff meetings (held on Thursday afternoons at present).
You could be the right person for this position if you:
- share our theological vision and our passion for ministry (as expressed in our Gospel Convictions statement)
- have demonstrated skills and experience in clerical work and close checking of documents
- have excellent communication, organizational and personal time management skills
- have a strong command of English language and grammar
- have excellent concentration and attention to detail over sustained periods
- can work quickly and accurately
- can juggle several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- are self-motivated and can work with minimal supervision
- can work well in a team
- have good computer skills (preferably Mac but not essential).
You will report to the Publications Coordinator (Emma Thornett), and be based in our office in the Sydney CBD. Salary is expected to be around $24,000 per annum (including super), depending on experience.
For further information contact Emma on (02) 9233 4627.
Applications close 5pm on 23 October 2015.
Associate Director, Fundraising
- Brand new Sydney based role
- Excellent remuneration package
Passionate about Gospel ministry? Highly driven, strategic thinker?
Then this position is for you! Use your big picture thinking and analytical skills to lead a committed team of fundraisers at Crusaders – an inter-denominational Christian youth organisation whose mission is to reach kids for Christ and train them for a lifetime of Christian service.
As the new Associate Director, Fundraising, you will play a pivotal role planning, implementing and overseeing Crusaders’ multi-channel annual fundraising program whilst managing a fast growing and dedicated team.
Reporting to the Fundraising Director you will be a strong Christian with at least 3 years’ experience in direct and digital fundraising, delivering outstanding results.
You need to be a self-starter who takes initiative and thrives in a fast-paced team. Your exceptional project management skills, strong attention to detail and outstanding communication skills will be what sets you apart from other candidates.
Perfect fit? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Applications will close when the position is filled.
St Matthew’s Anglican Church, Shenton Park, WA
Associate Minister for Women
St Matthew’s Anglican Church has four ministry priorities: the discipleship of all people to maturity in Christ, ministry training to grow new Christian leaders, multiplying ministries through new ventures, and serving the nations in mission.
St Matthew’s proximity to UWA has led to a long history of gospel ministry to university students through the Unichurch congregation. This ministry aims to be focused on Christ and built upon faithful Bible teaching in the context of prayerful, discipling relationships.
Unichurch is made up of high school students, uni students and young workers at various stages of Christian maturity – from enquirers, new believers and those looking toward formal ministry training.
Unichurch is also a dynamic congregation, with new students arriving at uni each year, and a strong connection with the AFES ministry on campus and St Matthew’s youth group ministries.
This presents boundless opportunities to pursue our ministry priorities of discipleship, particularly in evangelism as non-Christian students shape their understanding of the world, and ministry training, as Christian students make decisions which will shape the course of their life.
These opportunities currently outweigh our capacity to establish, disciple and train this growing congregation, particularly the Unichurch women.
We would therefore love a theologically trained woman to join the team in leading students to know, love and serve Jesus.
Evangelism and follow-up of women investigating Christianity, including:
- Meeting one-to-one with women to read the Bible and discuss the Christian faith
- Running occasional evangelistic courses and events
Overseeing the discipleship of women belonging to Unichurch, including:
- Meeting one-to-one with women to pray & read the Bible
- Growing (promoting and training for) a one-to-one network amongst the women
- Occasional and on-going pastoral care during crisis moments
- Co-leading a Unichurch Bible study group
Promoting, recruiting, training and supporting women for ministry, including:
- Formally, through internships and cadetships
- Meeting with women leaders and assisting them in their roles (E.g. Bible study leaders)
Participating in St Matthew’s and Unichurch staff activities
Prayerfulness, personal devotion and growing in godliness
Minimum of 1 year Theological training at a recognized Theological College or Institution (3 year BTh or MDiv qualification desirable)
Practical experience in one-to-one discipleship and evangelism
3 days/week – N.B. must include Sunday & Monday
Reporting to Unichurch Congregational Pastor (Jeff Hunt)
- 6 weeks leave per year
- 1 week study leave per year
Salary: From $25,331 p.a. to $32,086 p.a. dependent on degree qualification, experience and length of tenure.
Ministry Expenses: Up to $6096 p.a. dependent on degree qualification, experience and length of tenure.
Professional development: $900 p.a.
Applications due by Monday 19 October 2015, and should include cover letter, resume and 2 references.
Please send inquires or applications to:
Jeff Hunt – St Matthew’s Unichurch Congregational Pastor
Mobile: 0415 652 559
Office: 9381 2640
Post: 114 Onslow Road, Shenton Park, WA 6008
Vine Church, Surry Hills
Mission and Membership Pastor
Vine Church exists to make thousands of disciples across the city of Sydney. In the past four and a half years, we’ve grown from a small group of people meeting in an inner city townhouse into an exciting and vibrant community with over 160 people gathering each week. We love Jesus and are passionate about seeing him change lives.
1. Position Purpose
Vine Church is seeking to employ a Mission and Membership Pastor who is zealous to raise up and equip leaders to help members of Vine Church connect with and care for each other (Membership), and to be urgently sharing the gospel with those in our city (Mission).
2. Main Responsibilities
- Leading, developing, and setting direction for the Connecting Team so that newcomers are connected to the life of Vine Church in prompt, personal and practical ways.
- Leading, developing, and setting direction for the Care Team so that those in our family who are sick, struggling, travelling, recovering or grieving are cared for in prompt, personal and practical ways.
- Oversee processes and systems that facilitate the effective operation of the Connect and Care Teams, including Newcomer Dinner, Membership Course.
- Leading, developing, and setting direction for the Mission Team as they seek to:
- build connections between people in Vine Church and the city,
- build people’s confidence in their own abilities to share the news about Jesus, and
- build conviction that the gospel is the only hope for our world.
- Oversee processes and systems that facilitate the effective operation of the Mission Team.
- Participation in two Sunday services each week.
- Other responsibilities as required in working in a team environment.
- Evidences a committed, authentic and tested faith in the risen Lord Jesus as our only saviour and hope.
- Loves the church as the gathered people of God and leads their family to do the same .
- Theologically-minded and able to show evidence of handling and teaching the Bible faithfully.
- Strong commitment to seeing lives changed by the gospel via prayer and the word of God.
- Proven ability in establishing, training and leading teams and their leaders.
- Competence in explaining the gospel in a clear and Christ-centred way, and in using apologetics to remove objections to the gospel.
- Passionate about evangelism and is experienced in seeing people converted and growing under their ministry.
- Approachable and warm personality, and determined to see people connected and cared for in the family of God.
- Organised and strong systems thinking skills.
- Clear, humble and an engaging leadership style, calling people to make sacrifices for the cause of Christ.
- Excellence in professional skills such as clear written and verbal communication, time-management, and organisation.
- Willing to work alongside others in a team and under the Lead Pastor.
- Demonstrate the ability to have excelled in a professional vocation, and is a good cultural fit with the inner city and the people of Vine Church.
- Completed or currently undertaking higher education in theology and ministry.
- Experience in a purpose driven (5M) ministry team.
4. Special Conditions
This position will be remunerated in accordance with the Anglican Church of Sydney’s guidelines for stipend and allowances (including housing, travel, hospitality, books, computer, conferences, and utilities).
The position is offered either as a full time position in Mission and Membership, or as a part time position in either Mission (3 days) or Membership (3 days) with the potential to scale up to full time over the coming years.
This position is open to both male and female applicants eager to work in a complementarian team environment. Suitability will be assessed based on the above qualifications.
For expressions of interest, please include your resume along with a statement about your life, values, and ministry. This should elaborate on your vision for mission and membership, and provide evidence of the fruit born from this vision. This should be sent directly to our Lead Pastor, Toby Neal (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Position start date is fully negotiable for the right candidate.
Central Church Ipswich, Queensland
Central Presbyterian Church Ipswich (QLD) is a medium to large church in the heart of Ipswich (45 minutes from Brisbane). We are looking for a committed theology graduate to join our Ministry Team in 2015 (or 2016). The successful applicant will work in a strategic ministry role focussed on training and discipling leaders and preaching.
Who are We Looking For?
The successful applicant will have a mature Christian faith and a reformed-evangelical approach to the Scriptures. He will be able to teach the Bible and preach with a high level of competency. He will also have the ability to lead and motivate a team of volunteers, will have a good understanding of the dynamics of a large church and will be able to function well in a team environment.
What is the Role?
The emphasis for the position is on building disciples. As a church, our strategy for this is homegroups and discipleship groups, so the position involves working closely with leaders in those areas. The Pastor will also be a key part of the preaching team, take some pastoral responsibilities and be an integral part of the leadership and direction of the church.
Looking for More Information?