The Christian Reformed Church of Kingston, Tasmania
Description of Christian Reformed Church of Kingston (‘CRCK’)
CRCK is a growing, evangelical church in Kingston, Tasmania (ten minutes south of Hobart). We have 350 members, covering a wide spectrum of ages and backgrounds, and three full-time pastors (Lead, Assistant, and Children’s and Youth). We are part of a network of five other churches, all of whom CRCK has planted over the last fifteen years. As such, every pastor who works with us is part of a large, supportive team. Kingston has approximately 20,000 people and is the fastest growing municipality in Tasmania, so there are also huge opportunities for outreach in our area.
Our current Assistant Pastor is leaving at the end of 2014 and we are looking for a replacement to begin in January 2015.
Who we are looking for
- Someone with a deep love for God, his people, and the lost.
- Someone who is prayerful.
- Someone who can recruit and train ministry leaders.
- Someone who can explain and apply the Bible to people in their everyday lives.
- Someone with good people skills, who can urge people to follow Jesus whole-heartedly.
- Someone with the ability to work closely in a ministry team environment.
- Someone with a sense of adventure and a willingness to try new things.
If you would like to know more, or get a detailed job description, please contact Des Smith (Lead Pastor) on 0405 540 852 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northern Lakes Evangelical Church, Central Coast, NSW
Northern Lakes Evangelical Church is situated in a rapidly growing area on the Central Coast of NSW, currently with 80,000 residents. We desire a godly man whose is committed to the Scriptures, is theologically reformed, and has demonstrated strong leadership abilities in ministry in the past.
The new associate’s role will include two of the following depending on gifting:
- Championing ‘Ministry’: to motivate, gather, train and coach believers to joyfully serve at Northern Lakes OR
- Championing ‘Mission’: to enable confidence, conviction and competency in believers at Northern Lakes to see others to come to trust in Jesus OR
- Championing ‘Maturity’: to know and grow believers more like Jesus in every area of their lives.
The position would also include some preaching.
For more information or to apply for the position please contact Connan O’Shea (Senior Pastor) on 0423 096 513 or email@example.com.
Christ Church, Gladesville
Maturity/Growth Groups Pastor
Christ Church Gladesville is looking for a maturity pastor to:
- ensure the word of God dwells richly among us so that everyone grows up into maturity in Christ, through overseeing the program for preaching, growth groups and 1:1 ministries across all ages
- recruit, appoint, train and resource group leaders for 40+ groups across all congregations
- train members to become disciple-making disciples through training courses, PTC (or current equivalent) and seminars
- train members for godly Christian living and service in all areas of life.
This is a full-time role to start in 2014 with remuneration at Diocese rate. The maturity pastor will ideally have formal theological training (BTh, BD or equivalent) and 7+ years ministry experience. The role does not involve weekly preaching but is focused on mid-week ministries through groups and training. The successful applicant will be a team player with a concern for mission who is committed to training and mobilising lay people in ministry. They will have a heart for teaching and discipling, and demonstrated teaching ability and experience in planning and running small group and seminar ministries.
A full job description is available on request. Please direct enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9817 2631.
Moore College, Sydney
Lecturer in Christian Ethics
Moore College is seeking expressions of interest in a teaching position lecturing in Christian Ethics.
Moore College is an evangelical theological college based in Newtown, an inner-city suburb of Sydney. The college prepares men and women for a lifetime of Christian mission and ministry through in-depth theological training conducted in the context of a Christian community. It provides a range of full-time/part-time, face-to-face and distance courses, from diploma to postgraduate level, equipping students to love and serve God and people. The college has a significant role in the life of the Anglican Diocese of Sydney and many of its faculty are also involved in other diocesan organizations. Providing ministers for Anglican churches in Sydney, as well as pastors for other denominations and Christian workers for other settings, the college has around 600 enrolled students. Additionally, each year around 5,000 students are enrolled across the world studying by correspondence. Further information about the college can be found on the website: www.moore.edu.au
A lecturer at Moore participates in the college community primarily as a teacher and pastor, but is also involved in research, academic administration and the life of the churches we serve.
The successful candidate will have:
- strong evangelical and reformed theological convictions consistent with the college’s published values
- a PhD or equivalent in the field of biblical studies, theology or Christian ethics
- an ability to teach Christian ethics at a undergraduate and postgraduate level and more generally within the field of Christian thought (philosophy, church history or Christian doctrine)
- proven pastoral skills
- demonstrable research ability.
The successful candidate will also be an ordained Anglican and/or able to be licensed by the Archbishop of Sydney to minister in the Diocese of Sydney.
Teaching experience in undergraduate and/or adult education contexts and previous pastoral ministry experience will be an advantage.
Ideally the successful candidate will be able to commence duties in January 2015. The college reserves the right not to make an appointment should a suitable candidate not be found.
For further information on the position and how to apply please email the People Manager at email@example.com.
Expressions of interest close on 16 May 2014.